There’s a new diet that celebs and fitness fanatics are swearing by and it’s called the Ketogenic Diet. While following a keto diet plan, the idea is to eliminate carbohydrates entirely from the diet or to keep them to a minimum and to eat more of protein and fats instead. On the flip side, ketogenic diets have also been getting massive flak for being more about hype and less about the truth. SO, we’ve decided to bring you both sides of the truth here. So, what is so special about keto diet foods and is it really the best diet option for you?
A keto diet plan says yes to non-starchy vegetables, lean meat, fatty fish and dairy products. On the other hand, it’s a big no to processed meat, dry fruits, milk, desserts and even alcohol.
Keto Diet Benefits
- A diet that is richer in protein and fats and which is low in carbohydrates has been proven to work wonders in keeping hunger at bay.
- People with a lot of visceral fat may find that keeping away from carbs helps gain a leaner tummy.
- Bad cholesterol levels reduce and good cholesterol levels increase with a keto diet plan.
- Insulin and sugar level readings look better with a keto diet and exercise combination.
- Children who followed a strict keto diet plan showed an improvement in epileptic fits episodes.
Adverse Side Effects
- Following the diet can be nothing short of difficult because carbohydrates play a role in many cuisines across the globe. In fact, It could take up to 3 weeks to actually get used to the diet.
- Many people who try a keto diet plan also complain of symptoms like headaches and tiredness.
- Staying hydrated can be a real challenge and ups the risk of dehydration.
- The elimination of certain fruits and veggies from the keto diet entirely could also mean that a person increases his risk of getting kidney stones and having mineral deficiencies.
- The biggest health concern that nutritionists have with regard to the keto diet is that there is almost little or no fiber in the keto diet plan itself which could lead to other issues like constipation and bloating.
So, is a keto diet and exercise plan right for you? That’s something that you need to discuss with your doctor before trying out that diet for yourself. Meanwhile, if you are looking at alternative options that are safe and which can help you lose weight in a healthier way as opposed to trying the diet route, then Enorgen weight management capsules should be on your shopping list. Packed with the power of green coffee, green tea and garcinia cambogia, these ingredients work to help you control hunger effectively while boosting your fat metabolism. Log on to Enorgen, for great deals.
Image courtesy www.runnersworld.com